I’m back again. So guys I have recently been thinking about all the anime I have been watching (added it up to equal like 92 total). Why do I keep re-watching anime I’ve already seen? I think I have found my answer, to spot moments of foreshadowing. Have you ever noticed that, all the foreshadowing in anime? Yeah, sure you can find stuff like that in American movies but the Japanese are great about it. Prime example: Bleach. Not only is there foreshadowing in the show but there is helluva lot of foreshadowing in the opening credits. The only ones I can think of that don’t do that are for the filler seasons. A good example is “Ranbu no Melody” by SID for episodes 292 to 316 for season 14. If you haven’t seen this already you must have just started watching Bleach. Toonami on Adult Swim is in season 15 already and the Japanese version is already finished (unfortunately). Anyway the season 14 opening hints at the loss of Ichigo’s soul reaper powers by taking certain moments and showing them from end to start. Yep. The last scene you see before Ichigo mouths something and the TV Tokyo clip is the butterfly flying across the screen like you see in episode one before they show Rukia for the first time. As I said previously I introduced my little sister to Bleach. Monday we watched two episodes of season two and there is a lot of foreshadowing in Aizen’s letter. It is such a huge hint at what is to happen during Rukia’s execution. I never trusted Aizen.
Well we are on the topic of anime villains…who is the best? I have many, many bad guys that catch my eye. Don’t believe me? Here’s my list.
- - Millennium Earl – D. Gray-Man
- - Souske Aizen – Bleach
- - Father – Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- - Madara Uchiha – Naruto/Naruto Shippuden
- - Obito Uchiha – Naruto Shippuden
- - Akatsuki – Naruto/Naruto Shippuden
- - Homunculus – Fullmetal Alchemist/Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- - Noah – D. Gray-Man
- - Xcution – Bleach
- - Quincy – Bleach
- - A – Bleach
- - Arrancar – Bleach
- - Light Yagami – Death Note
- - Satan – Blue Exorcist
- - Reiga – Uraboku
- - Mina Tepes – Dance in the Vampire Bund
- - Three Clans – Dance in the Vampire Bund
- - Ao – Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East
- - Ayanami/Verloren – 07-Ghost
- - Colorless King – K
- - Akihiko Kayaba – Sword Art Online
- - Uro – Karneval
- - Karoku Arumerita – Karneval
- - Orochimaru – Naruto/Naruto Shippuden
- - Sauske Uchiha – Naruto/Naruto Shippuden
- - Danzo – Naruto Shippuden
- - Sugou Nobuyuki – Sword Art Online
- - Kaname Kuran – Vampire Knight
- - Rido Kuran – Vampire Knight
- - Maria – Vampire Knight
- - Muramasa – Bleach
- - Jack Vessalius – Pandora Hearts
- - Drei/Cal – Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~
- - Free – Soul Eater
- - Aria – Hiiro no Kakera
- - Kurumi Tokisaki – Date a Live
- - Aika Fuwa – Blast of Tempest
- - Athena – Campione!
- - Creed – Black Cat
- - Cassa – Black Blood Brothers
- - Lea – Sands of Destruction
- - Kyrie – Sands of Destruction
I always love a good villain. I mean come on, who doesn’t love a bad guy that can keep you guessing and is on par with the protagonist
Here are a few favorites:
- - Souske Aizen from Bleach. He has been doing his shit for hundreds of years. Then he whoops the ass of the Gotei 13. It takes Ichigo handing him a good beating with one of his most powerful techniques (for now) to take his power level way down. Even now he is imprisoned because they can’t kill him. Plus he fooled the whole Gotei 13 exept Kisuke Urahara who always suspected him.
- - Obito Uchiha from Naruto Shippuden. I mean come on! Tobi is one of the best bad guys EVER!! I think I was more shocked with him than I was with Aizen. Tobi didn’t come into play until Chiyo and Sakura killed Sasori during Gaara’s rescue. He plays this dopy, goofy character then BAM suddenly the pitch of his voice changes and he becomes this badass (all this change takes place AFTER Nagato saved Konoha and kicked the bucket). He even convinces everyone that he is Madara Uchiha (one of the greatest Shinobi and founder of Konoha) until Edo Tensen brings the real Madara back during the Fourth War. It isn’t until he is fighting Kakashi that we learn he is really Obito who was supposed to have died during the Third War.
- - Light Yagami from Death Note. He is in my top five as a favorite main character. He is the protagonist AND the antagonist. Light is Kira, the international mass murderer who is killing people without having to leave his bedroom. On top of that he is an honors student in high school and college. Plus he became a detective for the police AND is the head of the Kira case. I mean seriously he is a womanizing, psychopathic genius! He plays everyone for a fool and winds up dead in the end after making a simple mistake. He left a trail straight to him. That is what he gets for “befriending” L. (Let’s be real though when I say Light I mean the sociopath from the anime not the dipshit from the movie who falls pray to L’s trap).
- - Akihiko Kayaba from Sword Art Online. This man was a genius. He created an entire world where the only way out was to beat the entire game. He killed thousands in a few hours. Not only that but he put himself in the game! He played obvious favorites with players (i.e. Kirito-kun). Even though he did all of this for a passing whim, he easily committed suicide. Now, now, don’t think this is the end of him. He saved himself in the hardware of his game. He was transferred to Alfheim Online without Sugou noticing. He again played favorites and still has control of these worlds.
- - Karoku Arumerita from Karneval. Some people may question this if only the anime has been watched but Karoku (not the one with Nai but the one with Uro) is one of the masterminds behind all the chaos. Unfortunately there isn’t a lot out right now because the manga is incomplete. This is a mystery I can’t wait to have solved.
There are many amazing villains but I won’t bore you forever with my ramblings about my thoughts.
I guess I will call this to a close for today.
- What do you prefer, Anime or Manga?
- Who is your favorite villain?
- Which villain do you feel was developed best?
(P.S. Ask questions or recommend discussion topics)
So long to those who don’t want to continue reading. For everyone else…welcome to...
SPOILER SECTION: YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. SPOILERS ABOUT NARUTO AND BLEACH DO NOT READ IF YOU DON’T WANT TO BE SPOILED. SERIOUSLY SPOILER ALERT!
Previously I praised Naruto up and down let me change that this time.
Can we all agree this guy…
…is effing awesome?
In this new chapter (655) of Naruto, Sauske runs ahead to finish off Obito despite the shouts of protest from his best friend. Before he can get too far, Kakashi reappears on the battlefield with a kunai against Obito’s throat apologizing for being late. Naruto tries to tell Kakashi that Obito is no longer the enemy but his words fall on deaf ears. Then Dad steps in. Minato catches Kakshi’s arm to stop the deathblow. He proceeds to say that it is a friends duty to talk down his friend (looking to Naruto for confirmation and Naruto looks at Sauske understanding what his dad is saying) and that everything is his (by his I mean Minato’s) fault for being a bad teacher and that Rin wouldn’t want this. Kakashi then tells Obito that he could have been like him because he lost Obito, Rin, and Minato consecutively. He chose the other path though because he could “faintly see something in the darkness”. When Obito questioned why he follows Naruto who could easily fail, Kakashi states that if Naruto trips he will help him back up; as this is going on Naruto and Sauske rush off to finish off Madara. The last thing seen is Naruto and two Shadow Clones creating a Rasengan Shuriken.
Okay this is probably one of my favorite updates. Naruto, Minato, and Kakashi made some pretty big declarations in this chapter (more so the latter of the three). I can definitely imagine Naruto becoming Rokudaime Hokage because of this. Naruto has the backing of the Sandaime, Yondaime, and Godaime Hokage. He has the Kazekage, Kakashi the Copy Ninja, a majority of Konoha Ninja, the Suna Ninja, the Jinchuriki, and pretty much everyone that has fought along side him.
As has been said he can easily make friends with a few spoken words. He is someone who makes you want to bet on him. He’s the future of all Shinobi. Even if he doesn’t become Hokage he will still go down as the greatest Shinobi of all time (and he’s still only a genin).
Okay…seriously though you’d think at SOME point they’d say ‘oh he can be a Chunin’ or ‘he is at Junin level’ at SOME point in this. He killed freaking Pain BY HIMSELF. The elite ninja of Konoha couldn’t even do that. I mean seriously?! When is enough, enough??
Anyway, can’t wait to see what comes next.
Bleach. Oh man. Chapter 557. This was the continuation of Komamura’s battle. He talked about how he is immortal as long as he is human. You are shown the hole in his chest where his heart once was. They flash to his grandfather in the cave with Komamura’s heart in a bag. I just think this whole thing is weird. I don’t know how to take it.
Still waiting patiently (not really) for Ichigo to return…again. I mean wasn’t a month (5 weeks, really) long enough of a wait for us? (Actually it was even longer before Kubo’s 5 week break). Ichigo! Oh well. I just hope that we get something cool for our patience…like a new anime.
Well that’s all I’ve gotta say. Catch the next update next week where I talk about my top five favorite main characters.
xx Kat =^-^=
P.S. My song of the moment is “Sakurabito” by SunSet Swish from Bleach, which is an end credit song for season 13.